Thursday, February 26, 2015

MEMM Day 11 - Favorite moment/line in "The Return of the King"

I have had the same favorite moment in this movie since the first time I saw it, a dozen years ago.  In fact, it is my favorite moment in the entire trilogy.  It makes me cry and cheer at the same time, and I cannot think right now of any other scene in any movie that affects me in quite the same way.  No other moment that is that same blend of all that is triumphant and heroic and sacrificial and brave.

I am, of course, talking about this moment:


"I can't carry it, Mr. Frodo.  But I can carry you!"

Just typing that line brings tears to my eyes.  Samwise Gamgee, you're my hero.

2 comments:

  1. Yep, that is a fabulous moment. I cry there every single time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too. I get goosebumps just scrolling past the picture.

      Delete

Agree or disagree? That is the question...

Comments on old posts are always welcome! Posts older than 7 days are on moderation to dissuade spambots, so if your comment doesn't show up right away, don't worry -- it will once I approve it.

(Rudeness and vulgar language will not be tolerated.)